Hp Tech Support

• Ease Of Site Navigation

• Quality of Content

BillTeach7's review of HP www.hp.com

“Hp Tech Support”

Written on: 24/10/2013 by BillTeach7 (1 review written)

I am an IT Manager for a private school. I've been troubleshooting HP printers for over 12 years. Most of the time I am successful. One of our printers (an HP Officejet 8600 All-in-One) would not print in black. I was able to get it to print again, but after about 5 good prints it resorted back to not printing black again. I tried putting a brand new black ink cartridge in. Same result. I consulted the HP website pertaining to this problem. I followed the first 9 steps with no change in the outcome. Step 10 informed my I had a bad printhead and need to order a new one. Further investigation revealed the printhead was still under warranty. I tried to use online support but was rejected over and over because though the printhead was still under warranty (until 2018) the computer was not so I was unable to proceed. I called. It took 45 minutes to finally connect with an agent who was obviously living in another country, something I have a real problem with for the very thing that made this call difficult. I had a hard time understanding her and her me. I had to repeat things multiple times or re-word them so she could understand. Many times she would read back something she was writing in the ticket and she had not grasped the concept. Example: I told her that after 5 attempts to clean the printhead through all the levels I tried putting a new black ink cartridge. Hours later at the end of the call the supervisor read back her notes in which she claimed I had no new ink cartridges to put in the printer to see if it was just bad ink. Frustrating! Equally frustrating was when her supervisor told her that I would need to be next to the printer as she wanted to run me through the 9 steps I had already finished. I told her there is not a phone next to the printer so she would need to call me on my cell phone. She took my number and said she would call me back in a while. My response was to ask how long is a while to which she responded "3 minutes." I proceeded to the classroom and stood by the printer waiting for her call for almost 30 minutes. I had to call support back, wait the 40 minutes, then go through the entire process all over again except that I refused to hang up the phone in my office on the promise that I would get a call back and I refused to go back and forth. I insisted that I had already performed the tests he wanted to run and that according to the information on the website this was all I could do and the rest was up to them. At this point I asked for his supervisor. Instead he left for quite some time then came back to tell me the supervisor said to just send us a new printhead. The process this second time from the time he first came on the phone to the hardware supervisor verifying the information was over one hour. The total time spent on this problem with HP Tech Support=3 hours and 20 minutes. This has to be the poorest customer service ever.

• Ease Of Site Navigation