AVOID this retailer like the plague

TyroneStevenson's review of Bedstar - www.bedstar.co.uk

“AVOID this retailer like the plague”

Written on: 07/08/2018 by TyroneStevenson (1 review written)

The worst company - my whole interaction with them was an unending saga of incompetence. Only 4 out of 6 packages arrived - I had to chase the company about the last two (no-one contacted me to say that only 4/6 were ready or when the other two would come). One of the undelivered parcels was sent to my billing address, not my delivery address. Among the items I ordered were a mattress and a bedframe. The wrong size mattress was sent and the wrong colour bedframe. I then asked to return the bedframe and mattress that had been delivered and receive a refund, but instead, a second mattress appeared outside my front door when I got home from work one day. The mattresses and the bedframe had to be picked up by two different couriers. Despite asking for them to be picked up on a Thursday, at the last minute (and when I had already taken Thursday off from work), they told me that the couriers could only come on Friday. On Friday, the mattress courier apparently couldn't get into my property and call me - but I didn't receive a call and was in the property the whole day. The bedframe courier came hours after his estimated pick up slot. I have been home the whole of today - yet another day off work - waiting for the mattresses to be collected. They have yet to come, even though their estimated delivery slot is over. Apparently if they miss me today, I will have to pay for them to come again. This whole thing has been going on for two weeks now, during which I have been sleeping on the floor (moved into a new flat and don't have any furniture - waiting for the refund to get a new bed) and missed work on four occasions (including the original delivery). The mattress was from Visco therapy and the bedframe was a Birlea Rio. AVOID this retalier and do it the old fashioned way by going to a bed shop.

• Goods purchased & cost