Waste of time & effort

Chandlertt152's review of Just Value Doors - www.justvaluedoors.co.uk

“Waste of time and effort”

written by Chandlertt152 on 05/12/2022

Just Value doors took over 2 months to cancel two deliveries on the day the door was supposed to be delivered, stating quality issues with the paint. The first time I said fine, the second time I tried to cancel the order they said no. Each time I changed my schedule to be home to receive the goods, they do not care.
Third time the delivery is arranged the door is delivered, I start to install the door following the fitting instructions which meant removing the old door to find that the new door had been incorrectly made, the latch and keeps in the door frames do not line up and it was therefore impossible to lock, photos and a description are provided the same day to just value doors. Just Value doors response was:
“The factory have advised the door should be fitted into place first and then adjustment, if required, can be made to the hinges. This is normal for any door and trying to operate the door with it not properly installed may well result in the issues you have reported.”
The pictures supplied clearly show the issue and these were ignored. More emails backwards and forwards with delay tactics from them asking for door measurements and they eventually agree to collect the faulty door 13 days after being delivered (the faults were reported on the day of delivery), still not refund.
Door is collected on 21st November and on the 29th November (8 days after collection from my house, 21 days after the door delivered and 35 days after the first day they made me stay at home to cancel the delivery on the day) I receive an email saying the issue is that which I reported to them, extract below:
“ I have spoken this morning with the factory who have advised that as the keeps are out, the door would require a replacement frame. As damage has also been recorded on the slab, a replacement slab would also be required and so a full remake would be needed to address the issues raised.”
A refund has now been issued on the purchase price, I do not have a door, I have had actual material costs and a lost days of work, as well as sending dozens of emails. My interactions with Just Value Doors have left me much worse of than when I started.

• Goods purchased & cost

• A few weeks late

Chris_Langley's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2023

Hi,
The initial delays with regards to your delivery were of course regrettable and unfortunately outside of our control, but they were due to quality issues being flagged prior to dispatch.

Without it being clear initially clear from your email first reporting the issue that you had attempted installation, which is why you were given advice on installing the door and then adjusting the hinges. This is perfectly reasonable advice and it's common for newly installed doors to require some kind of hinge adjustment to allow for the sash to sit square in the frame. Contrary to your claim in your review, the supplied photos did not clearly show the issue, which is why we required further information from yourself to ensure we could properly address the fault.

We offered to collect the door to inspect and carry out remedial work, which you agreed to. Shortly after that we then were able to to give you two options, either a full replacement or a refund. You opted for the refund. Had you wished for us to supply you with a replacement door, we of course would have done so.

We believe your complaint was handled in a timely manner and that you were kept updated as necessary throughout.

Kind Regards
Just Value Doors

We're all about making is easier to order new doors and windows