Make Sure You Order the Right Size

Wood318's review of ParentGiving - www.parentgiving.com

“Make Sure You Order the Right Size”

Written on: 22/06/2022 by Wood318 (1 review written)

This review is not in regard to the actual product, as the product itself seems to be good (except for sizing), but in regard to the lack of customer service this company has. The individual I care for typically wears a size small in adult diapers, so I ordered a small size from Parentgiving. However, these proved to be much too small. Considering this, I opted to return them and purchase a larger size. The packing slip said I needed to call Parentgiving in order to initiate the return process. I did so and was then provided an email with the return address and reference number and was instructed to go to either UPS, FedEx or USPS and fill out a return label as one was not provided. I understood this to mean that I would be responsible to pay for shipping costs. I was willing to do so as the mistake was my own. The post office is 7 minutes from our house so was the best option- particularly since the person I care for has dementia and does not like leaving home. I had ordered three packages of adult diapers, so they came in a fairly large box which I was specifically instructed to use for the return. That being said, the shipping was $49.00. As the diapers themselves were $79, this seemed a rather exorbitant shipping price and, in hindsight, I would have been better off donating them to a local nursing home rather than paying that much to return them; however, when you're in the middle of a crowded place trying to take care of something as quickly as possible to avoid a dementia-induced tantrum, you just do whatever needs to be done to get it over with. The other home health aide I work with was, understandably, pretty annoyed with me that I paid such a high shipping price. However, I was not going to drive around town to FedEx and then UPS to compare prices, determine which was the cheapest, and then return to that location to complete the return. In just the short 7 minute drive to the post office, the person in my care was frantically trying to open the car door to get out while the vehicle was moving because she didn't want to leave the house. My coworker then called Parentgiving regarding this pricing issue and was told that we were provided the option to have the return picked up from our home for $13. This was not true. To prove it, I forwarded the email I was sent to the customer service manager who insisted we were given this option. She then told me that it would not have been mentioned in the email, it would have been mentioned in the initial phone call. It was not! How convenient they should reference something which cannot be proven and is my word against the customer service rep's. The "resolution" was to offer us $20 worth of in-store credit. Of course, in order to purchase anything, I would have to pay for shipping costs again. All told, I paid $79 for the diapers, plus $5.95 shipping. I then paid $49 in return shipping. That comes to $133.95 for 56 diapers I cannot use and am no longer in possession of. My return credit is expected to be $59.25 as one of the packages I ordered was, obviously, opened and ineligible for refund. That means this experience cost me $74.70 and I have nothing to show for it except frustration and $20 in-store credit- I may as well have used that cash as diaper wipes.

• "Dry Direct Ultimate Underwear" (diapers) size small. 56 of them for $79