DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE

235Willis's review of Superfi www.superfi.co.uk

“DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 30/11/2018 by 235Willis (1 review written)

I had the worst customer experience with SuperFi Birmingham branch. I have a Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 system purchased from SuperFi 15 months ago. Monitor Audio gives 5 year warranty on their products which SuperFi also states on their website. Just recently my belowed MASS W200 subwoofer broke down. I have contacted online customer chat explaining situation and was advised to call and take my subwoofer to the nearest SuperFi branch in Birmingham (67 Smallbrook Queensway, Birmingham B5 4HX). After calling SuperFi Birmingham branch and explaining that my subwoofer has been purchased 15 months ago but is still under 5 years warranty - I was told to take my subwoofer to them. Now this subwoofer weighs 16 kg and comes in a very big box. There is no parking next to the entrance to this branch. We parked half a mile away and carried this subwoofer to the branch to get looked at and taken for repairs or replacement.

NOW HERE IS WHERE DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE COMES IN:
We were told to bring subwoofer in to the branch, but when we came branch manager was extremely rude and not interested in honoring 5 years warranty despite his employees telling him that this item is still under warranty. I showed all the purchase papers (invoice with exact purchase date) and brought subwoofer in original packaging with all original paperwork. Basically this managers so called answer was: YOU PURCHASED THIS ITEM IN MANCHESTER SO YOU SHOULD TAKE IT TO MANCHESTER FOR REPAIRS YOURSELF, and also ONLY the person written in the invoice that made a purchase 15 months ago can take this item for repairs. So if this PERSON who made initial purchase is abroad, dead or unable to bring the item in person, YOU HAVE NO WARRANTY! We felt really unpleasant after receiving such customer support, where we were told to take subwoofer for repairs to Birmingham SuperFi branch after our details were checked over the phone, just to be turned down and told to go elsewhere.

Fortunately Monitor Audio gives excellent customer support, after I told Monitor Audio the situation with this subwoofer and poor service received at SuperFi - they have sent me the replacement part within a week.

Thumbs Up to Monitor Audio for being a great company that looks after their customers. HUGE thumbs down for SuperFi for being arrogant and not bothered to help their customers.

• Goods purchased & cost