Rubbish service - go elsewhere. Not even cheap.

73Hoover's review of ao.com

“Rubbish service - go elsewhere. Not even cheap.”

Written on: 24/12/2018 by 73Hoover (1 review written)

Ordered from this expensive company only because they promised next day delivery and installation. Paid £200 more for the item, and extra for timed delivery and recycling and expert installation. The guys who turned up were nice guys but noobs who hadn't received adequate training. They couldn't install the item. They spoke to their gaffer who promised to refund delivery and installation and send someone the next day to finish installation. Next day, no one contacts me and I can't get through to them. Bunch of swindlers.

• Overpriced American fridge freezer £1600

• Still waiting

Ao.com's Response to 73Hoover's Review

Written on: 26/12/2018

Good Afternoon

I'm very sorry to read of the experience you've had with us concerning the delivery and installation of your new appliance. I can certainly understand how disappointing and frustrating this must have been for you.#

So that I can look into this for you, please reply to this review with your order number so that I can access your details.

Kind regards

Rob - ao.com

73Hoover's Response to 73Hoover's Review

Written on: 15/01/2019

Edit:
Following ao.com's reply to my review I called their Contact Centre. The tone they adopted was polite, apologetic, understanding, constructive and conciliatory. They had refunded the service and delivery charges but I no longer needed their Driver Team to attend, as I had an installation guide and was able to work out what to do and successfully complete the installation myself. Additionally, they effectively made a significant goodwill gesture, so overall I would alter my rating from 1 star to 2 stars. I should still have preferred it if they hadn't secured the sale by promising next day delivery and expert installation, and then not been able to fulfil their commitment. This is a poor practice, not to be considered acceptable, even if they did try to be nice about it afterwards.