Non-Delivery Blamed on others

hopeless1961's review of Dawsons Department Store www.dawsonsdepartmentstore.co.uk

“Non-Delivery Blamed on others”

Written on: 21/04/2020 by hopeless1961 (1 review written)

I ordered and paid for Kettler Chair Cushions on 6 April. On 9 April, I was informed the goods would be delivered by DPD Local on 14 April. The goods did not arrive and tracking clearly showed the carrier had not received them. This remained the case for the rest of that week.

I contacted customer services by email on 14 April and was told that the fault lay with DPD Local as they had not collected the goods from the Dawson's warehouse. However, these would be delivered on 15 April. I phoned customer support on 15 April and was assured that the goods were in stock and would be delivered. On 16 April, I received an email from customer services assuring me that the goods would be delivered the following day.

Needless to say they did not arrive. When I phoned customer support I met the most unhelpful response I had ever received from an online service. I was told my order was a pre-order and the goods were not in stock. This was blamed on "the current circumstances". My efforts to seek an explanation for the acceptance of my order of goods, not in stock, was blamed on the warehousing system. Customer services were 10 miles away from the warehouse and although there were goods in stock on 9 April they were no no longer available. I asked to make a complaint and was told to put it writing. This I did on 17 April but have had no response since.I accepted a repayment for the good as seemed the only sensible approach in the face of the facts.

To sum up, a dreadful service with even worse customer support.

• Kettler Chair Cushions