Global Engines & gearboxs

TarynPatterson's review of Ideal Engines & Gearboxes - www.idealengines.co.uk

“Global Engines and gearboxs ”

Written on: 10/06/2021 by TarynPatterson (1 review written)

AVOID AVOID AVOID
Sadly I used this company to rebuild the engine on my VW transporter tdi.
I was in contact with a person and told her all about the previous problems we had had with this engine . She assured me they would do a competent overhaul and the price was to be £2800.
This was agreed a cash price without any VAT.
The vehicle ead delivered to them on a car transporter in October 2020. I was assured the work would be speedily completed with regular photo updates.
Eventually in January 2021 I was told the vehicle was finally finished. I asked Jodey several times had it been road tested and how it ran. I also asked her what the "boys who had repaired the engine had found wrong but despite asking several times, never got a reply.She assured me it had been road tested but I asked she do another road test to reassure me. She says she did this and reported it as "perfect".
With this re assurance I said I would pay the £2800 but she immediately came back and said that the price was £2995 and the £2800 figure was never agreed. She also wanted a further £100 for a new battery.
I had no option but to pay the new price as foolishly I had got nothing in writing. I there transferred £3095 to another of their companies called Engine Professionals, a company with the same address. She asked I transfer to this company so I wouldn't have to pay VAT.
So in February 2021 I instructed the transporter company to pick up the vehicle and deliver back to me in Harrogate..
He arrived at their premises to pick up, the "new" battery was totally flat. Eventually he boosted it off and loaded it onto his trailer.
Some days later , it was delivered to my address in Harrogate, by the transporter company. Again it would start (flat battery) and had to be boosted off. When it eventually was started, the engine management light was on.
Subsequently to this , after about a total of 8 miles the engine " gave up" and now will only start after perhaps 30 seconds cranking(we fitted a new battery) and then it will run for perhaps 10 seconds before cutting out . All this time the management light remains on and the low oil pressure light remains on, even in the 10 seconds it manages to run. It sounds like a bag of nails and it smokes.
So , not a very competent job.
I have complained to Global Engines and they say sorry, send it back for them to look at again.
This I will not do as all that will happen is that they will say they have found another fault that "was nothing to do with them" and charge me a load fore money and it still wouldn't be right.
I have asked "pleaded" with them just to return my money but they refuse.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never get involved with this company Global Engines or its sister company Engine Professiona

• 3150