My husband & I were first time visitors & will never return.

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Verdi, Berwick upon Tweed

“My husband and I were first time visitors and will...”

Written on: 27/06/2011

My husband and I were disappointed with our first visit to Verdi's and won't be returning.

The food was nice and arrived prompty (too quickly in terms of starter to main course). However the staff were very unfriendly, none of the three greeted us nor smiled at any time.

We ordered a £10.95 bottle of wine which is fine, however, it was a £2.99 bottle of red purchased at Aldi's and this was the only option! what kind of place offers just one bottle or red and white? I do expect to pay more for wine but a 300% mark up!!!!!

Finally, we had finished our meal around 9pm and were finishing off our overly priced Aldi's wine and the staff made it very clear it was time to go home, cashing up the till and had bags on the bar ready to go.

Not impressed, would not recommend to anyone, go to the Weatherspoons across the road if you want value for money!!!!!!!!

• Italian

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Intimate