MacTaggart & Mickel - www.macmic.co.uk Review

Annaliser238's review of MacTaggart & Mickel - www.macmic.co.uk

“Big big mistake dealing with this company....”

Written on: 18/05/2017 by Annaliser238 (1 review written)

Big big mistake dealing with this company. Exceptionally poor Aftersales/customer service. Poor quality fixtures & fittings. Endless 'snagging' issues. Outdoor lighting detaching from several properties. Windows leaking & not repaired or replaced after 3 years & not in 1 home but in fact 9 or 10 houses in the same development. External doors leaking. Gardens waterlogged.
Please note also the fifteen 5* reviewers on their Facebook page work for MacMic.....
Perfectly pleasant staff, at the point of sale, once they have your cash the 'customer service' changes quite dramatically to non existent.
Good luck future buyers, what was a dream for me very quickly turned into a nightmare.
Also they have blocked me from this page so cannot see comments below. Please google 'MacMic reviews' & see what other buyers think.
A 1.5 out of 5 star rating is pretty poor on other review pages.
Please do further research before buying any MacMic property.
I have lived in other new build properties & these ones are by far the poorest quality with the lowest form of customer service I have experienced to date.
Good luck x

Planned's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2018

If only I had read this review before buying from mactaggart and mickel. Deliberately misled/ mis sold by sales staff about garden size. We specifically asked about the garden size on the lan we signed for only to find that they included areas around the side of the house in their calculations not included in their plan. I challenged them on this which was admitted to at the site in the presence of the sales team and site managers then quickly denied when I escalated the issue. The company response was that they always used this in their calculations so it was to their plan. Legal and professional advice consulted by myself prove I am correct.awful company to deal with and bully boy response when they are clearly disingenuous in their sales.the fight continues!!!