EXTREMELY POOR AFTERSALES

puCahill105's review of MacTaggart & Mickel - www.macmic.co.uk

“EXTREMELY POOR AFTERSALES”

Written on: 29/10/2015 by puCahill105 (1 review written)

Having bought a MacMic home circa 2 years ago (2013), all I have had is problem after problem after problem. Visual 'settlement' cracks, you could almost put your finger into, are NOT covered for repair under MacMic snagging policy (which you are supposedly covered for for 2 years) MacMic continually ignore emails & refuse to take responsibility for repairing anything that goes wrong unless you put up a very big fight. MacMic installed council streetlighting onto my building, after I had been occupying my home for months, without any notification both prior to the work being carried out &/or during the actual sale of the property. I came home one day from work to find two men on a cherry picker hydrolic drilling into the side of my building. I was extremely alarmed & upset & not even an apology or explanation from MacMic was ever given to me. Needless to say, these heavy duty street lights detached from several of the properties in the high winds last winter & MacMic have had 'temporary' street lighting for circa 13 months now. MacMic are refusing to remove this unsafe lighting structure from my building even although they are a proven safety hazzard. This is a safety concern as I have 2 young children who I am extremely worried about when playing near or under any of these structures. I wish I had NEVER dealt with MacMic, their building faults & shoddy workmanship are too many to list but here are a few anyway that I (& neighbours) have experienced: 1.Massive settlement cracking (not covered for repair) 2.slipped wall boards (which leave ugly visual lines around your walls & only repaired after 5 months only once I got an independant inspector to look at them who advised immediately it was a builder's problem) 3.broken shower unit in bathroom 4. Miss-selling of things like the 'oak from door' which is in fact not oak at all but a cheap door that doesn't even keep the cold out never mind burgalers! 4.leaking windows. 5.Fitted a laminate floor which they told me was real wood 6.non-level back garden 7.unlevel patio doors. All in all poor quality workmanship & fittings from what is supposed to be a 'reputable' builder. Please be very very cautious when purchasing from these builders as it seems once they have your money, you're left to sort out your problems yourself. I find the quality of fitments & workmanship very poor & aftersales terrible. All in all a very poor buying experience & I could NEVER recommend this builder to anyone. Good luck!!

• Under 5 Years