Avoid avoid , avoid .

granny49's review of Larkfleet Homes

“Avoid avoid , avoid .”

Written on: 20/05/2020 by granny49 (2 reviews written)

Sales staff, promising inclusions, ie free turfing & landscaping . Exchange contracts then they tell you no landscaping or turfing .
Over 120 faults, some dangerous , ie faulty wiring , garage door not fixed properly , oven not secured into housing . Much is just bad workmanship . Getting anything fixed is a nightmare. If someone eventuaĺly does come out to remedy faults , they seem to have 3 or 4 attempts. Usually you have to tell the handyman to stop as they are causing more damage !most 'snags ' are not fixed , you get fed up of reporting them & pay someone else to fix them or just put up with them .
A bad smell in my property from the day I moved in ,site manager said it was a 'new house ' smell. It persisted, reported over 20 times. Nothing done .Six months later it had got so bad that one weekend I had to move out . Site manager ignored my frantic phone calls. My son came to visit & he called an aquaintance who is a building inspector . He informed myself that I was lucky not to have had an explosion & that I wasn't iĺl . No vents or pipes in loft space to take fumes & moisture away. Building inspector told my son that Larkfleet should be prosecuted ! These are just a few issues , I could write a book ! I sent a 10 page letter of complaint to Larfleet along with photographic evidence consisting of dozens of pictures of faults with my home.
No apology from Larkfleet, just a generic letter . ( We are sorry that you feel you have cause for complaint ! )
Every house on the development in Nettleham has major issues, including persistant blocked drains, doors not locking , major faults with electrics , flooding , causing a family with 3 little children to vacate for 3 weeks . All their stuff was ruined . Larkfleet don't ever admit fault .
Please avoid , all the lovely pictures on their website aren't reality. Knock on a few doors on any Larkfleet site & chat to people who live there .

• Under 1 Year