Feel Cheated

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

dougalf's review of Game www.game.co.uk

“Feel Cheated”

Written on: 01/02/2019 by dougalf (1 review written)

I would advise anyone wishing to renew a software licence not to buy a code from The Game in Birkenhead.

As I have done for several years now I purchased a Christmas gift for both of my grandsons I requested a 12 month XBOX LIVE renewal for each of them. The assistant typed in a code, produced a printed renewal document which he put in a wallet. These were given to the boys at Christmas. Towards the end of January they tried to renew their XBOX's but they both failed. On checking the documents given to me it was found the assistant had given codes for the wrong hardware. I returned to the store with all the relevant paperwork and explained their mistake. They said it was now after the refund date by 1 week and they could do nothing. I then wrote to the head office and after an exchange of emails they also declined to help. This problem was down to a member of their staff making a mistake. I have now renewed online but am now £100 out of pocket and have had 2 upset grandsons. I will make sure that my family and friends do not use this store in future.

• The Game Grange Precinct Birkenhead

Branch Visited

• 2 x 12 month software licences £100

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Bobbyrr's Response to dougalf's Review

Written on: 03/03/2019

Yeah the customer service stinks