Do not buy a bike from here

• How wide is the range of bikes available?

• Customer service

StanRamsden's review of Superbike Factory Ltd - www.superbikefactory.co.uk

“Do not buy a bike from here”

Written on: 20/05/2019 by StanRamsden (1 review written)

I recently purchased an 08 Triumph Speed Triple from super bike factory, wanted one for years and it was advertised and looked in really good condition. After it was delivered I was over the moon (I named it Roxanne), though there was initially a problem with it occasionally sticking in 1st gear, not huge and suspected it might just need a new clutch cable or adjustment, the gear sticking got worse over the following days.....
Then there were also issues with the bike never starting 1st time with the starter motor 'whirring', suspecting either the sprag clutch or the starter motor, this on a bike that supposedly underwent a thorough inspection and test prior to delivery these are very obvious faults. I was still in love though and a bit in denial that these might be easy fixes.
The fun really started when out and it very suddenly lost power and stuttered to a stop (this being 8 days and a temperamental 200 miles after delivery), SBF were my 2nd call after the AA as I wanted to confirm what i would need to do in order to preserve the 30 day warranty.. They informed me that I could take it to a local garage to have it diagnosed as I live in Sunderland and SBF is Macclesfield. I had its lifeless remains picked up by my local garage 2 days later and they very quickly identified 3 fault codes, they suspected a simple electrical fault as 3 sensors (to do with throttle and air flow) all had short circuit/low voltage, and they communicated with SBF for permission to fix this (1hr labour) to get it running so they could move on to the gearbox and starting issue.
During this time I had gone through the service history specifics and noticed it hadn't been touched for 4 years to the week (that part was definitely not advertised or mentioned on the phone). At this point I was really having nightmares about the gearbox.
Then came the lack of communication, nobody would give the go ahead, nobody returned calls, so after a week I ended up making a complaint. This made no difference whatsoever as their complaints team don't have a number you can call into, you get through to sales, and apparently they can't transfer you through but will inform complaints that you called and you'll get called back........ When they say that they will call then it's hit and miss over a 2 day period of when that will be, which doesn't work very well for most people who have jobs, and compared to when selling a bike, don't give much effort with email turnaround times either.
11 days after the bike broke down and I finally get a response saying their head technician (I would love to see this persons qualifications) wants to collect the bike for further diagnosis, admitting it could be a few quick fixes or a more serious problem. By this point I am sick and regardless of their fix, (that I wouldn't be able to witness and test), I would forever being having worries about the gearbox. I informed them that i would like to return the bike for a full refund, due to its condition and service history which was not as advertised.
This was actually sharply agreed and it was to be collected on May 7th from local garage that still had it. Which it was, along with all of the paper work and keys etc. I specifically asked when my refund would be back with me as I would need to sort out a new bike for transport (I put my last bike in as part exchange), and was advised 'unofficially its 5 working days after them receiving the bike', i accepted that because I just wanted rid.
13 days after they picked it up, no refund, no managers or any personnel in finance or accounts that can speak to me, and just emails saying they'll let me know when there's a date or the one person in their organisation that can action a refund has been on holiday, or isn't there.
I've now raised a merchant dispute case with my bank as I have no faith in ever seeing my money again, and I'm reporting the company to both Action Fraud and Trading Standards.
I would strongly recommend against buying a bike from here unless you live within pushing distance of the showroom, especially if its a Black Speed Triple that answers to Roxanne.

• How wide is the range of bikes available?

• Customer service