Mess Up Your Account - Can’t Fix it for days or week

• Signal Coverage

Jakob365's review of 3 Mobile www.three.co.uk

“Mess Up Your Account - Can’t Fix it for days or week”

Written on: 03/02/2018 by Jakob365 (1 review written)

Staggering display of incompetence by Three today; called 333 to get SIM from from Son’s phone blocked as it was stolen. Called them from my mobile, yet customer services representative (CSR) asked if it was my number I wanted blocked. I’m pretty sure they can see the number being called from so obviously it’s not this number. However, benefit of doubt given and told CSR that no, not my number, but the Collins number and provided my Son’s phone number. CSR then asked if I wanted a replacement SIM for the one being blocked. I said yes as ultimately we will replace stolen phone. CSR ordered phone and told me I had to £5+ for new SIM. I reluctantly agreed. CSR then says that was all done, though we also blacklisted the stolen phone too via IMEI, which I read out. I thanks CSR and hang up.

10-15 mins pass and I realise I need to call a customer and dial number on my phone. Recorded message tells me I can’t call that number. Odd, I think.. I’ll try another number. Same recording plays. It then dawns on me what’s happened. CSR has somehow managed to block my SIM, despite me specifically giving them my Son’s phone number.

I call 333 again (from Wife’s phone) and speak to another CSR and explain situation. They can see that block has been made but advise they can’t reverse it, as a new SIM has already been registered and sent out. I’d will have to wait the 4-5 days for new SIM to arrive. Not acceptable to me, as my number is an advertised business number used by me regularly and by customers to call me. It’s also part of various security systems whereby texts are sent to allow me to login to systems and to inform me of any security breaches on my vehicle and other systems. I can’t wait 4-5 days. I head to Three store and explain situation and get a new SIM. in store CSR completes migration of number to new SIM and tells me it’ll be working in around 30 mins.

1 hour passes, still no service with new SIM installed, so I contact Three again. First via Twitter support account and then via Webchat, at their request. Spend over two hours waiting for Chat CSR to read details from account and investigate solution. Told again there is nothing they can do, as new SIM is activated to my number and that’s in the post.

So now I have no phone, no mobile internet and no means to resolve it for days. What’s worse is this isn’t the first time Three have made an error like this either. Last time, I tried to upgrade my Son’s plan, as he needed more data. Again, CSR managed to mix mine and my Son’s accounts and changed plan on my phone, which was actually a downgrade, as I was on a much higher call and data plan. Again told me I’d have to wait for it to be fixed. That time is was a whole month, as it needed to wait until the next billing cycle.

Why are CSR staff not able to resolve such issues? I can’t believe that no one at Three/Hutchinson Telecom could have resolved this. But no one seemed to what to try and now I am leaving and taking all three mobile phone accounts with me.

“When stuff sucks... #makeitright”. Yeah, right!

• Over 1 Year