Incredibly poor service on Council Tax helpline

From 1 review

EmersonGoode's review of Swindon Borough Council - www.swindon.gov.uk

“Incredibly poor service on Council Tax helpline”

Written on: 11/09/2017 by EmersonGoode (1 review written)

Today I experienced bad service to an almost unprecedented degree from Swindon Borough Council on their Council Tax helpline. I wished to remove a name of a former occupant from my Council Tax bill. After a more than ten minute wait I was eventually able to speak to a member of staff who was polite but totally unhelpful. The call took in excess of twenty minutes, during which I was told I was wrong, persistently asked the age of my daughter (uncomfortable and unnecessary, and I felt slightly pervy). Eventually I lost patience and asked to speak to the supervisor (who, of course, was not available). Then, when I was given a cost, I was clearly going to be undercharged. After a further delay it was explained to me that the period quoted for was different from the period than that for which I am currently being charged (I checked, the maths did not add up, the person I spoke to was simply wrong). Altogether a dreadful experience, and I wouldn't mind but they charge enough not to do the job properly.

• Council Tax