accepted by all except TSB

Guest's review of Deed Poll Office - www.deedpolloffice.com

“accepted by all except TSB”

Written on: 29/12/2018

The name change deed was all I needed to change my name everywhere I have so far approached with this request - except TSB bank. The bank refused to change my name and refused to give me a written statement explaining why they refused to change it. I went back a second time and recording our discussion (as banks always do to us) I asked again for my name to be changed or a written statement to be given saying why they refused. The clerk refused both requests, saying that she was just following guidance then went to fetch 'the manager'. The manager (a big bloke in a track suit with a red face and no identifying plastic hanging from his neck like the rest of the staff) shouted at me that it was illegal to record our discussion, told me to delete this evidence and told me he was going to call the police. He then ordered me out of the bank. I asked if he wanted me to stay and wait for the police and he said no, 'just leave'. So now I have the in-branch recording and I have asked for a copy of the recorded call in the subsequent complaint that I made by phone to the TSB. Still, however, they refuse to change my name. What can I do with the recordings? Any ideas?