Avoid. Will take money, will make promises, will not deliver

JessSparkes1's review of Wren Kitchens

“Avoid. Will take money, will make promises, will not...”

Written on: 10/10/2021 by JessSparkes1 (1 review written)

My husband and I have been having numerous issues with our Wren kitchen which we have contacted the customer service team about on repeated occasions. Unfortunately, the issue is still not resolved despite receiving the kitchen on 28.8.21. We have had countless promises and reassurances made yet they have still failed to deliver. This process has not only been extremely time consuming with us both spending hours on the phone, but my husband has had to take days off work the receive various re-deliveries. (Causing a loss of money as he is self employed) I will now be taking this further including the furniture ombudsman as well as I feel we have been treated unfairly despite spending over £10,000

We have had numerous parts and incorrect worktops delivered on four occasions now and one delivery missed as the item was ‘missing’.

Please note the following incorrect items.

We have had missing door units and pelmets. (Two separate re-deliveries needed)

In addition to this we had an incorrect island top delivered which means we were without water for an extended period of time. Last Thursday we were meant to get the correct top delivered. However we received a call 10 minutes before the delivery was due (despite having time off work again to receive this delivery) from a very rude delivery driver saying the item was missing and not on the van and not his problem. I have contact mobile details and time for this member of staff.

After contacting customer services and spending hours on the phone again on Monday 4th October and Thursday 7th October, today we were meant to receive the correct island. (Third time lucky!) However, yet again the wrong island has been delivered. This one is over half a metre too big. It was enterprise who dropped the delivery off. As they are independent they were unable to take it back. Therefore, we now have two incorrect islands at home which we do not have room for. This is now a dangerous living situation as I have an active toddler with a three metre island propped up against the wall.

I am also over 38 weeks pregnant. I am not prepared to bring a newborn baby into an unsanitary environment without a safe kitchen with running water downstairs. It’s imperative that I have sterile equipment for a newborn and an area that is free from work and dust. This has caused me an incredible amount of stress and worry during a time where I should be relaxing and getting ready for a baby.

We were told last Thursday to source a plumber and cut the sink unit ourselves into the incorrect work top as a temporary measure so we could get water until the correct unit was delivered today. Wren said they wouldn’t be able to supply the fitters for this. This is costing us a fortune in having to repeatedly call tradespeople in as there is a standard call out charge.

Wren said they’d assess the “extra costs” but that I shouldn’t put a complaint in until the kitchen is complete as they’d be unable to assess everything.

I feel we have been very understanding and patient throughout this process. However, this has not helped to resolve anything. I need this island replaced yet again.

Avoid like the plague. I will be doing my upmost to ensure I get word out about this company and how unprofessional they are