Unethical Company

Mastercraft Kitchens www.mastercraftkitchens.co.uk
4.3

NathalieFuller210's review of Mastercraft Kitchens www.mastercraftkitchens.co.uk

“Unethical Company”

written by NathalieFuller210 on 03/04/2024

Be very wary of this company. My mother a disabled and very vulnerable 78 year old who was trying to give her kitchen a makeover. Having early dementia she does things without always consulting her wider family as she lives on her own. What is obvious when you meet her is that she is a frail, disabled woman with clear cognitive issues.

My mother informed me she had placed a deposit on a kitchen and when I asked for the paperwork there were no hard copies. I managed to find some limited plans and scope of works had been emailed. On review I told her she should cancel and being only 48 hours since placing the order she was well within the cooling of period to do so. She called Mastercraft who refused to repay the £3k deposit and then sent emails and recorded delivery letters with no success and only aggressive correspondence back.

The kitchen design is very basic and the kitchen is very small yet they have came with a £15k quote for a kitchen that at best would cost £3k in total, I have asked for full breakdown of costs but this has got us nowhere. Mastercraft have used a loophole to say the kitchen is Bespoke, yet there is nothing bespoke about the design or the units. We have been to citizens advice who can simply not believe what this company is doing to such a venerable women who has lost a significant amount of her savings with nothing to show for this. Mastercraft could have done the right thing and repaid the deposit but one would assume that was spent soon after they received it. Companies house checks show the company is actually trading as another name and their accounts simply don't add up or reflect a company that they claim to be.

My mother has been left heartbroken and ill by this whole episode and Mastercraft have shown they have no compassion or ethics to put things right for their customers. For us we are now dealing with Trading Standards and Small Claims Court try and get her 3k deposit back.

When looking for a kitchen ask yourself is this the kind of company you want to be dealing with when their are many good alternatives out there.