I SINCERELY ADVISE YOU NOT TO USE MAGNET

NickRMC's review of Magnet - www.magnet.co.uk

“I SINCERELY ADVISE YOU NOT TO USE MAGNET”

Written on: 05/01/2021 by NickRMC (1 review written)

From start to finish my experience was a shambles, I would never use Magnet again, nor recommend them.

Kitchen design experience was OK, I had the basic layout I wanted, small kitchen and small budget so little room for creativity.

I decided to try Magnet after seeing an offer online, I went to Magnet Trade, I couldn’t have the offer, but I could have 66% off trade prices (I’m not trade) this seemed like a fantastic offer on face value, however prices have been bumped up, so that they can be discounted.

The kitchen seemed extremely expensive for a handful of units, I pared the cost right back by removing worktops, sink and even cupboard handles, and supplied all my own appliances.

I was having a boiler fitted and wanted a wall unit to fit around it, I decided to leave this out of the quote, and measure up once the boiler was fitted.

I needed a kitchen quickly, so placed the order and paid upfront, I was given a 4 week delivery date, which felt OK, (was hoping for quicker), I decided to collect to save £50.
I was then advised that a number of items would be a further 4 weeks, on investigation these were just door fronts and kickboards so accepted this, I was provided with a temporary corner post to allow me to set out).

I collected the first batch and found I had missing items, extra items (sides from wall cupboard I had asked to be removed), extra hinges (not cheap), somebody else’s door (cream not white), and damaged items. I returned to the store to sort this all out, the missing items had to be ordered, adding to my items outstanding.

I fitted the kitchen, had the boiler fitted and measured up for the cupboard, thought I would look at other suppliers, managed to get 2 units for less than the single unit I had been quoted, plus they were delivered within 7 working days. The quality is equal if not better, and the slab matt white matched perfectly, very happy with these. (should have done this in first place!!)

The remainder of my order arrived, with a door was missing, I kept ringing the store to find out what was happening, my calls were never returned, finally I was advised that the door was lost and would have to be re-ordered, delivery date 16th December, I spoke with the store manager and agreed to have the other items delivered immediately for free, and the final door delivered once it arrived.

I called the store on 16th December, the delivery had arrived but they couldn’t find the door, again I rang daily but my calls were never returned, finally I was told on 23rd Dec that they had my door, I asked for it to be delivered as agreed, waited to hear back, again no returned call. I called on 24th December only to find the store had closed for Christmas with my door locked inside.

I logged a complaint with Magnet Head Office, explained to their customer services rep that I would go and collect if somebody would open up, I was told all she could do was log it in “the system”.

Christmas passed with one door missing, on the 27th I received a call from the manager Ian who offered to drop the door off on his way home, which of course I accepted, why this couldn’t have happened before Christmas is beyond me. Over 3 months from order until fully received!!
Magnet quickly need to improve their quotation system, stock handling, communication, management and customer service, otherwise they will go bust, there are plenty of new online companies ready to step in.