F HINDS CUSTOMER SERVICE

1.7
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

AnnaKathleen's review of F. Hinds

“F HINDS CUSTOMER SERVICE”

written by AnnaKathleen on 20/01/2024

My dealings with F Hinds began approximately 8 years ago when I decided I would like a few 9ct rings other than my engagement ring and eternity ring. At first there was no bother at all with F Hinds as I knew my ring size and it was a question of either pick the ring up from a local store or it would be sent by Special Delivery. I made add that I have spent a small fortune with this jeweller and accumulated some nice rings. However, out of the blue after returning items to store because I did not like them or did not fit I was told I had 13 accounts (no mention of what this meant ) or the relevance of these accounts which I hastened to say I did not set them up. I received my first letter from F Hinds. The context of the letter was most unpleasant and I am sure then that this girl was on about accounts and the store losing money because I had made a return and yet they state in their terms and conditions a customer is perfectly entitled to refund an item of jewellery within 30 days and also they have a 14 day Cooling Off Period and I quote "If you (or the recipient of your gift) are unhappy with any purchase we will try to assist you. As your purchase, will have been made through distance selling methods (i.e via the internet or over the phone), you are entitled by law to cancel the order with 14 days of receiving the goods. This is known as a "cooling" off period and is extended to 30 days from the date of dispatch under our returns policy. Later on I received another letter from a customer service assistant telling me of the problems of returning goods and a long sob story. I promptly told him where to go. The head office of F Hinds have told all their staff in 115 stores throughout the UK that I have 13 accounts with them and I know categorically I do not have 13 accounts. You would think out of common courtesy they would explain what 13 accounts mean. I never realized that buying from a store was a criminal offence. I am copying their recent letter into this and it is as follows:

We have noticed from our records that you currently have thirteen customer accounts with our company. Furthermore, it would appear that the majority of the transactions that you have processed through these accounts have been refunded shortly after purchase as as such this activity is viewed as being suspicious. As a result of this, we are writing to confirm that your custom is no longer welcome with out company and would ask you to refrain from any further purchases from F Hinds Ltd either in store or online.

We regret this action has had to be taken but in the circumstances and acting in the best interests of our staff, we feel we have no other alternative on this occasion.

I must pick up on their accusation about returning an item to store shortly after purchase. I always whether it be an on line purchase from any store on line or bought on the high street return it straight away. In F Hinds case you normally have to wait 7 days for the refund to be processed. All returns I made I had a receipt so I take umbrage with that comment.

I must write about my experience with their Gosport store when I took back a ring which did not fit and the store manager was 30 minutes on the phone to Head Office to see whether or not he could make a refund. I said to the shop assistant at the store good job I do not have to go anywhere in a hurry. Also the Havant store manager has quoted I have 13 accounts. I will reiterate that I have spent a small fortune at F Hinds store. My spending on rings far outweighs any returns I made which was few and far between. I feel I have personally been victimized by this company. I would also add that many of their rings that are advertised on their website are not viewable in the windows of the stores. I would say I bought blind on many occasions taking pot luck on my purchases. The staff of F Hinds have a maleovent attitude which must be put into their training on how to treat customers.

I would appreciate any comments on my experience with F Hinds.