Sainsburys Insurance no !

From 1 review

Guest's review of Sainsbury's Home Insurance

“Sainsburys Insurance no !”

Written on: 02/04/2016

Following a hospital appointment for a possible life threatening illness on 15th December 2015 I came home to find my kitchen had been flooded due to the upstair flat, water coming through my ceiling, no electricity, soaked floor tiles and buckled boards, you can imagine how I felt just before christmas. I contacted Sainsbury's helpline who I later discovered is manned after hours by Mitie call handlers, useless !!! I felt I had woken him up at his phone ! I contacted Sainsbury's the next day, their staff couldn't have been better, amazing customer service. However I was dismayed to find out at a later date that their claims are put through Direct Line. A gentleman was sent out to take photos of the damage and a price was fixed on repair of £357, amazingly only £7 over my excess and I was advised it would not be pursued as my excess was £350. Following a complaint a gentleman came from an independent o company on 16th March!!! to see the damage, measured up, explained what would be required and said I would hear within 2 or 3 days, as of today 2nd April I have still heard nothing. I still have no light in my kitchen or flooring and I feel that it is left up to me to pester them constantly for something to be done. not recommended !!!!!!

• Currently Claiming