Extremely dissatisfied customer

JackieDeSouza's review of Churchill Home Insurance

“Extremely dissatisfied customer”

Written on: 20/12/2016 by JackieDeSouza (1 review written)

Back in August of this year I moved house and cancelled my home contents insurance policy with Churchill. I also cancelled my direct debit.

Days later I received a letter from Churchill stating that I still owed them £12.15 which I believe related to a cancellation fee. I rang Churchill with a view to reinstating the policy at my new address. My call was eventually answered but after being put on hold for approximately 25 minutes and not getting anywhere I eventually rang off.

In all honesty I completely forgot about the £12.15 and received no further communication from Churchill.

A week ago I started receiving text messages and phone calls from Moorecroft debt collectors. As they gave no indication what their call related to, I believed that Moorecroft had the wrong contact details.

For three days I received both a text message and a phone call from Moorecroft and I eventually got through to them only to find that they were aggressively chasing the £12.15!! Seriously.

I immediately paid the money.

Needless to say, I won't be using Churchill for home insurance again. Sadly my car insurance policy is also with them but is due for renewal in January. I'll obviously be looking to move to another company.

I've had to give an overall rating of 1 star to allow this review to be posted but would, if possible, have marked it zero.

Have you made a claim