Good facilities ruined by the workforce

Coghurst Hall Holiday Park, Sussex

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

Natalierowe87's review of Coghurst Hall Holiday Park, Sussex

“Good facilities ruined by the workforce”

written by Natalierowe87 on 21/08/2023

I booked a long weekend with my two children, elderly and disabled grandmother and my two dogs. At first glance the facilities are good, it's evident that's the park has had a make over. That unfortunately is where the compliments end. I booked online and requested an easy access caravan for my grandmother. This wasn't noted and I was told well that's not on your notes. No offer to aid with this at all. The caravan was way out and both toilet seats were broken. The radiator in the main bathroom was rusted red. There is no stage for the entertainment, they were literally doing everything from a corner of the room out of a cupboard as the club house is too small for the parks needs. The park as a whole is not disabled friendly and the shop is completely to disabled people putting them at a massive disadvantage if not discrimination especially if they holiday independently. On our second day bar staff were arguing with each other behind the bar over a till instead of serving, one left a beer tap on while changing a barrel, as a pub manager that didn't give the best impression. While being served our food the waking staff delivering to our table, delivered half our order then delivered to a other table before finishing ours. The poor girl looked nervous and new and didn't know table numbers and if this is the case she should of had a training buddy with her. Poor training leads to poor staff retention. My meal wasn't great, chips were solid enough to hurt my teeth.
Over all I would not recommend this park and I'm very disappointed. I only see my grandmother once a year and to be honest this has ruined this year's visit.
I do hope my comments are taken on board and improvements though by the attitudeice witnessed not hopeful on that. Its a shame as I previously the park itself is nice.

• Self Catering

Type of Accommodation

Is childcare available?

Are pets welcome?

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?