Not what was expected

363Penn's review of Yorkshire Party Bus - www.yorkshirepartybus.co.uk

“Not what was expected ”

Written on: 27/10/2015 by 363Penn (1 review written)

Where to start, I booked the 21 seat party bus for my birthday. After reading all the reviews I thought it looked fabulous, everyone seemed very excited - I read no negative reviews at all so what more could you ask for. (A bit too good to be true maybe?)
On the day, the bus arrived late after the driver taking no notice of my instructions. Wasn't going to let this bother us, everybody was too excited to even care.
When the bus arrived, our driver sounded very miserable and tired - after putting it in there that he's driven a very long way to pick us up, isn't that part of his job?
The bus was a 21 seater, there were 20 of us - a mixture of men and women some big some small, unfortunately the bus only actually seated 18 of us at a squeeze! we aren't obese!! I had nothing but everyone complaining at me saying I must of ordered a wrong size bus - which I hadn't! With everybody complaining to me my only option was to complain to our driver - which he did not appreciate, he decided to tell me this is why he packed his job in previously because he couldn't handle all the complaints, like I said who else am I supposed to complain to on the night? (Oh and all the complaints he had but no negative reviews hmm?)
After a few drinks we all became more relaxed and accepted the fact we were all squashed but just dealt with it, couldn't let the bus ruin our night after all.
I spent a full day making a playlist to plug into what I was told a USB for iPhones, which wasn't on there. What we had was an AUX lead and Bluetooth. Something else for us all to moan about when the music crashed every now and then. So I'd advise others to just listen to the music provided on the bus, at least then you'll have TVs on too.
Oh and if you want karaoke, make sure you tell the driver. We had no karaoke which was a shame, apparently it should have been us asking for it - I expected it to be there set up, ready for us. But hey hoooo.
One thing that did it for me that made me feel ripped off was that when I phoned to book, they explained it would cost us more than usual as they are travelling a far distance which means the driver would have to sit, wait and couldn't do any more trips. (They even gave me other companies to call as they felt it would be a waste of a Saturday night for them unless they were to charge us more) Fair enough I thought, we all agreed to paying a little extra. So, why on the night were we being rushed so they could pick up the next party!? Fair enough do as many trips etc but do not lie saying this is why they need to charge us more than usual? Ridiculous.
I phoned after the weekend to explain all my issues, it was a no win situation. A come-back for everything I said so I felt as if I'd wasted my time. The guy actually advised that if there is a 21person party, order a 36 seater! If there's a 16person party order a 21 bus. Surely that says it all!? Give him his due, he was understanding and listened to all I had to say.
It's just a shame that two hours after the call I actually received a personal text message from the driver being very sarcastic, thanking me for complaining that he's a 'miserable driver' very unprofessional.
I aren't usually one to complain but when you expect high expectations to experience all the above, and little things such as not having any ice in the ice-buckets? Or is that me being petty?
I hope people read this for a bit of truth, i thought it was a bit too good to be true there being no truthful reviews?
I do hope people find this useful. Happy partying!!

Yorkshirepartybus's Comment

Written on: 10/12/2015

Hi there. It's Yorkshire Party Bus here. Thank you for your review and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We apologise massively about your experience on our 21 seater party bus. We have had thousands of very happy customers with 100% genuine reviews, so we apologise that your trip hasn't been a reflection of this.

The bus was early on picking you up and your driver was at the previously agreed pick up address which you gave to us before your event date. The driver made plenty of time to get there, even with time to have a 45 minute break at the agreed pick up location. There must have been some miscommunication between yourself and the driver on the day whilst he was waiting for you, and we apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

The 21 seater party bus can legally hold 21 passengers, plus the driver. Unfortunately we've never had any comments about the lack of room inside the 21 seater bus, and we apologise that you felt it was too small. We have a copy of all our coif certificates inside the bus to prove our legality on the bus capacity. We normally advise customers that if you do have a large group nearing the buses capacity, to consider opting for the bigger bus as this will give you more room to comfortably party on board, and comes with more bottles of bubbly. Generally speaking if any vehicle has reached its capacity, I would expect it to be slightly crowded and we apologise you experienced this.

We have a very wide range of songs and playlists that customers can go through themselves on board. You also have the option to play your own music using a USB, a CD/DVD, or by connecting your ipod or phone through an AUX cable or bluetooth, which is advertised. The TVs work with the buses own music and karaoke, as we have videos connected with our play lists. If you plug your phone in, then the screens are kept blank. The karaoke is available for all of our customers to use. We don't leave it set up on the bus fully and ready to use straight away as it will interfere with the general music play lists, but can be set up upon request to your driver.
Unfortunately ice isn't provided in our buckets as it will melt whilst passengers are on the bus which may cause accidents. The buckets are deigned to hold the bottles of bubbly and to keep them cool during your time on the bus.

We're based in the East Yorkshire area but can cover areas beyond. In this case, the job was in the Liverpool area, and it's rare that we get any jobs there that late in the night and booked in so close to the event date. Out of luck we had another job come in last minute after you had booked in.

As for the driver, there is absolutely no excuse and we greatly apologise again for his very unprofessional behaviour. Please be assured that we do not condone his behaviour, and that action has been made since this event. We constantly received outstanding feedback from customers about the great service our drivers provide, which is why this has come as such a shock to us.

I can't express how sorry we are for your experience with us, and hope that some of the issues raised have been resolved.

Kind regards,