DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Morrison360's review of Freedom Weekends Ltd - www.freedomltd.com

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!”

Written on: 07/07/2020 by Morrison360 (1 review written)

I had a team booking for 2 events in Barcelona as part of a Hen do package. This cost £100 in total. The Hen do was due to go ahead in June 2020 - obviously due to the current circumstances with Covid 19 this could not go ahead. I tried to contact them regarding the monies that were paid but they refused to talk to me and would only speak to the group leader. With this the group leader contacted them and they said they cannot refund the monies for this and can only change the date or location of the event. This we were obviously not happy with and pushed them further. I lost patience with them and decided to do a claim back through my bank. My bank refunded me the monies straight away and said they would investigate the matter with Freedom Ltd. Since this Freedom have emailed the group leader to say they are disputing my chargeback and as a good will they will refund all members £75 of the £100 paid as the £25 was the deposit and it goes towards their contracts with the companies that we were using (Freedom Ltd being the middle man). They then again wrote to the group leader and said they had been successful with the claim back and they had the monies in their account from my claim. With this i checked my bank and no monies had been taken from my account, so I called the bank to see what was going on. The bank then told me the claim had been marked as resolved a month ago. I have had no letter from my Bank to state that the claim has been unsuccessful my side, and therefore they deemed the claim as won on my part. I am absolutely furious with what they have said about getting the monies back from me just so they can keep part of the other members monies - this would have been around £200 if the rest of the party agreed to their completely unreasonable offer of a part refund. If I could give 0 stars I would. I think they have been completely unreasonable in the horrific time. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY......AVOID !!!!!!

Compaint90's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2020

Since I wrote this review I have been in contact with my bank and with the CEO of Freedom. There was alot of back and forth regarding this claim. Eventually the banks ruled in my favour and I got my full refund back. It was not that Freedom lied to keep out monies but the banks were being very unhelpful and telling us both conflicting information. Freedom have now offered a full refund to all group members so the rest of the group does not put chargebacks in with their banks too. It has taken 2 months to come to this conclusions due to this being with the banks (which I am sure are overwhelmed with these types of claims at the moment)

Freedomltd's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2020

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your review and can assure you that this has been fully investigated by myself as the owner of Freedom. As you are aware I have been in regular contact with your group leader and subsequently with yourself:
Email Wed 08/07/2020 16:27
Phone 13/07/2020
Email Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 11:33
Email Thu 23/07/2020 14:22
Phone 25/07/2020
Email Sat 25/07/2020 10:01

Unfortunately the banks have delayed a resolution. On 24th July they wrote to me saying “This cardholder was not aware of your cancellation/refund policy during the booking process”. Freedom still dispute this because it is not possible to progress with a payment without ticking the box to agree our terms and cancellation policy. As a gesture of goodwill and remove any further delay I agreed to resolve in your favour and seek the funds owned from the bank instead. With all other chargebacks being resolved in our favour, I trust eventually Freedom will be compensated for the un-recoverable costs we have incurred.

Thank you and your group for their patience and I am very sorry about the excessive time delays of the banks. Have a wonderful time at the wedding. Kind regards Mike