Not perfect but still good

RichyBirths's review of GoKart Electric Golf Trolley

“Not perfect but still good”

Written on: 24/10/2013 by RichyBirths (1 review written)

I bought my GoKart April 2012 and have used it virtually every week at least once sometimes twice in all weathers.
After a few weeks I found fitting the battery, which is a key element of the rigidity of the trolley was proving very fiddly and trying to assemble the kart whilst messing with the heavy battery was not good for the back. Eventually the bracket holding the battery broke which led me to email GoKart. After about a week a replacement bracket was received albeit it would have been nice to have had an email acknowledging the problem!

Fitted the new bracket to the battery and all went well until recently when I started to have trouble completing the round on one charge. The battery now 18mths old and not sure how long they should last but looks like I will need a new one. Trying to push the trolley with a flat battery is very tiring I tell you. According to the web replacement batteries can be bought from specialist suppliers for about 30% less than GoKart charge.

The quick release wheels work quite well except they don't always release quickly especially in muddy conditions.

However, despite the above, the kart does work in all conditions and the only improvement would be some form of brake mechanism for those descents in wet conditions when the trolley can tend to run away.