Poor customer Care standards

Gill796's review of Littlewoods

“Poor customer Care standards”

Written on: 07/08/2018 by Gill796 (1 review written)

Item Ashdown 5 Drawer Chest(KMFAX5M). Several members of the Littlewoods team. Final contact with Mickaela Bergstedt

I have been a long running customer of Littlewoods and I am finding the customer services very poor. It seems to me for a British founded company we need to phone South Africa to have our queries dealt with, which would be fine if we actually received customer care when we called but it seems to be a very matter of fact service. I have spent more money than I can add up with Littlewoods over the years and have found the service in the past to be good. I purchased bed room furniture that came to just under £1000, now one of the items had a 1 inch chip out of the back and rather than send back and have Littlewoods lose out on £179.20 I suggested a £60 refund. Pretty much a win win situation. Now granted it did take me a bit longer to get in touch with Little woods to advise this but as I received my order my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so my time was taken up looking after her, she has now passed away and I reached out to Littlewoods. What I god was a very cold service and an offer of £26.88 off. I really don't feel the offer of £60 off was an unreasonable request but now because of my situation and not contacting them within 14 days they have me over a barrel. I would have been happy with a replacement to be honest but this item is no longer available.