Should be Ashamed

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

eddiemarsden's review of Ikea

“Should be Ashamed”

Written on: 16/05/2019 by eddiemarsden (21 reviews written)

I once read an article about Skegness which concluded that if you go there for a day, as many people do from this neck of the woods, you are likely to leave saying that you will never go back there but you always do. I have always felt this way about Ikea. It is a truly awful place and I've never been impressed by the tat which they mostly sell there. true, there are some OK products and these are the ones which are made of real wood rather than chipboard. I've had a couple of bookcases from there and the shelves bend in the middle after a very short time. This pulls them from the sides making the whole thing look a mess.

Anything worthwhile, such as the original card storage boxes (replaced with a newer and less sturdy version) and the ply storage units appear to be no longer available.

I'm horrified by the number of negative comments on this site and other online review pages. I also note that none of these comments has invited a reply from Ikea and this speaks volumes.

In addition I've noticed that the prices of the above mentioned bookcases and matching CD towers has risen considerably.

I may well go back to Skegness but Ikea? Forget it.