Do NOT use if you don't have a FULL licence/valid passport

• Speed of service

e111's review of Transfermate www.transfermate.com

“Do NOT use if you don't have a FULL licence/valid passport”

Written on: 08/01/2017 by e111 (9 reviews written)

There was an error during the application process, which resulted in 2 different accounts being created, contacted them, they said it's fine but needed my ID to validate the account, sent them my current account bank statement and my student loan letter and my provisional driving licence, was told that it had to be either a valid passport or a full driving licence, therefore the account is still inactive, what's wrong with a provisional driving licence and more importantly, what's wrong with these financial institutions, it seems to me that most of them are able to verify my identity electronically using equifax or experian, and some like this one and ICE exchange could not do that, why? ICE even said that we cannot even accept a passport and wanted me on the electoral roll, lol, but most of the other 14 financial institutes that I have account with, didn't even bother to ask me anything and could verify my ID electronically. and the ones who couldn't, accepted my provisional driving licence/my passport when it was valid. Overall, the rates seem unbeatable but I couldn't use them, so told them that I will contact them when I get my ID sorted, but will probably never contact them again, because I don't usually like the idea of going back to where I was refused once, so stick with transferwise (and it is much faster to register) if you are in the same shoes, or maybe caxton, I've been with caxton for a very long time and transferred money so many times and never had even a smidgin of problem.

• Personal