They don't know what they're doing!

• Speed of service

gillhog's review of Transfermate www.transfermate.com

“They don't know what they're doing!”

Written on: 07/09/2012 by gillhog (1 review written)

I contacted an advisor in the Chicago office to send money to Colombia. I set up an account, my account was "activated" (although they could not get it to work online), I had to bank wire money to their account (at my expense). They do NOT do direct debit, though their website says they do. They "couldn't find" my money. Finally they find the money, but then decide that they don't do transfers to Colombia, though their websites says they do and he said they did. Now I am waiting on my money to be wired back to me (of course, I have to eat the transfer fee). They are incompetent. One week wasted.

• Personal

Type of customer

• Speed of service

Gillhog's Response to gillhog's Review

Written on: 17/09/2012

Had to initiate a complaint online to their compliance department. They contacted me promptly and returned my money. After receiving my money back, the person in the Chicago office sends me an email and says he was "ill" the last few days. So when he is "ill", that office is shut down!

Ric.hard's Response to gillhog's Review

Written on: 09/01/2014

Hi
One of our team just notified me of this. I can see that it was over a year ago but just wanted to reply.

Columbian peso is now a restricted currency so it is not possible to buy outside of Columbia. Our team handle thousands of payments every day so I must apologise if you were not notified
that we would be unable to send that transfer quicker.

As soon as the team saw that this was columbian peso they returned your transfer to you immediately.

All of our team are passionate about delivering an amazing service and apologise if our service didn't match your expectation at that time.

Best of luck with everything in 2014