Abysmal customer service

• Speed of service

LukasArcher260's review of ICE Plc - www.iceplc.com

“Abysmal customer service”

Written on: 26/04/2017 by LukasArcher260 (1 review written)

ICE customer service is all but non-existant so if you do have problems with their service don't expect to to resolve it by contacting their awful customer service tel no.
Unbeknown to me my prepaid currency card is about to expire in 4 days time. I have just been informed by ICE. I am going on holiday in 4 days time! I had just charged my card in advance of this holiday.
Customer service have no idea whether my new card will arrive in time for my holiday and have advised me to elect to buy back my currency through their website. This takes 5 days to complete. Not a lot of use if I am travelling in 4 days. I am also now aware of customers whose cards expired while they were travelling!!!
Apparently I should have chased the new card myself! What other companies fail to issue / notify customers at such ridiculously short notice? If any bank behaved this way then it would deserve to lose custom. ICE certainly does.
Also don't expect to talk to a manager or supervisor at their 'customer service centre' ( I use the term in its very loosest sense ). They just sit about and don't or can't speak to their customers apparently while leaving their minions to answer queries from a script.
This has to be the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Don't bother attempting to complain via their website; they just ignore it.
DO NOT TOUCH WITH A BARGEPOLE! You have been warned.

• Personal

Type of customer

• Speed of service

Ice_Plc's Comment

Written on: 09/05/2017

Thank you for your comments.

We apologise that you have been unhappy. This is not acceptable and is not the usual high level of service we would expect our customers to receive.

I have passed your comments on to the product manager for a full investigation.

Kind Regards,

ICE Plc

Written on: 20/05/2017

So eleven days on and not a hint of anything from your product manager. Hardly surprising really. It seems par for the course so far as this company is concerned.
I suppose I did at least elicit some kind of response from ICE even though it is merely the lip service I expected.
Oh and by the way now that I have returned from my holiday my new cash card has just arrived. A fat lot of use it is now having been barred from accessing MY funds for the past 3 1/2 weeks when I most needed them.
I did eventually manage to raise an official complaint via an email route but now ICE are hiding behind FCA rules whereby they are allowed 8 WEEKS to respond to what really is a clear cut case. 22nd June before they will deign to reply to me.
What a great company!
BEWARE!

There are numerous cash cards available nowadays; use somebody else. I have found several with far better rates too.

What a great company!
BEWARE!

Written on: 20/05/2017

I meant to add that if I ever do receive a response from this company that I will most certainly cut and paste it into a reply on this forum.

I am not holding my breath though.

Written on: 27/06/2017

So, here we are on 27th June.

Here is an extract from ICE's response received 2 months ago:

In accordance with FCA guidelines we have 8 weeks from the date we receive your complaint in which to issue a final response, we will therefore investigate your concerns and write to you no later than 22nd June 2017 with our findings or with an update on the progress of the investigation.

So guess what?

True to form for this appalling outfit I have not received a response in any way whether by email, snail-mail or phone call.

Once again I say DO NOT USE ONE OF THEIR TRAVEL CARDS.