Prepaid travel card is a disaster!

• Speed of service

328Munoz's review of ICE Plc - www.iceplc.com

“Prepaid travel card is a disaster!”

Written on: 03/06/2016 by 328Munoz (1 review written)

I cannot stress enough the amount of trouble I have had with this company since day 1 of trying to order online.

Despite all issues at the start I still persisted and decided to go ahead with taking all $3000 US dollars to America with me on this card. I was away for 5 weeks so didn't want to take all the money in cash.

The first few days the card was working fine and then all of a sudden starting declining EVERYWHERE.

I was 9 hours behind England so proved difficult to ring at a convenient time as their office is only open 9am-5pm English time despite them saying its 24 hours on their website! I must of spent a FORTUNE trying to get through to them for over an hour but because this was quite an emergency I decided to go through to 'lost and stolen' which is the only department that is in fact 24 hours (to my delight after trying every single available number) somebody answered and asked me which card I'm talking about because I have FOUR ACTIVE CARDS?! This was my first time using ICE so not sure where that had come from?! Anyway he managed to find out which card I was using & I was told that it had been cancelled. He didn't know why though and there was no explanation what so ever. I was passed from person to person & after another hour on the phone I still had not received a proper answer and nobody seemed to know what was going on which was extremely frustrating for me as I had no access to any of my money. Eventually they managed to reactivate my card after numerous phone calls back and forth and re-trying my card in different shops. What a nightmare!

Not only that, the company seem to hold money that has been refunded onto the card so you have to ring up to ask them what's going on & they then stop the payment pending.

You can also only top up your card online within the hours of 9am-5pm. Which means in America I had to stay up until 12am just to top up. Numerous times I tried ringing to ask if they could sort this for me over the phone to be told rather rudely "you're through to lost and stolen" - I was very aware?!! She then continued to tell me rather rudely after explaining my issues that she "can't help me" and is not "trained"

The staff do not seem to be able to deal with any request you ask and are not "trained" properly what so ever it seems and have no sympathy towards your problems. The numerous times I have rung with issues, I have not received an apology once.

I also tried contacting them through email and text as assumed this would be easier because of the time difference - I was completely ignored both times with no acknowledgment of even getting in touch.

I even tried to ring this morning, (Tuesday 31st may 12pm) to be greeted with an answer phone message saying they are closed over the bank holiday & will reopen Tuesday 31st at 9am. The phone was then hung up?!!! The phones were obviously not turned back on & I cannot express my frustration enough!

The staff are rude, the customer service is rubbish, the website is rubbish, the card is rubbish. The phone system is rubbish. I would not recommend them to anybody!

• Personal

Type of customer

• Speed of service

Ice_Plc's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2016

Thank you for your comments.

I apologise that you have experienced issues while using the ICE Travellers Cashcard and that you have not received the high level of customer service that we expect and pride ourselves on.

I have passed your comments on to management. However please may we ask that contact us directly so that we can investigate the matters fully.

Kind Regards,