Very good but quite advanced

MrsNB's review of Bond 11+ Live - www.bond11plus.co.uk

“Very good but quite advanced”

Written on: 19/07/2013 by MrsNB (1 review written)

Apart from a few technical issues the online interactive format worked well. The headset provided was easy to set up but I agree with the previous review that it would probably need an adult to do this.

My child did the Verbal Reasoning course. I know that Bond are aware of a few issues with the tutor and have acted upon this very quickly.

The course itself was fast paced and aimed at quite a high ability cohort. My son found the sessions fun and lively. Homework was set and we found this to be quite challenging. The questions were a lot harder than anything he had encountered before and as he had been practising for multiple choice papers before that fact that these weren't multiple choice made it seem harder as well if that makes sense. My impression is that anyone who hadn't encountered any Verbal Reasoning questions before might find this course a bit too challenging and would probably need to have an introductory course first.

My son did gain from doing this course, his confidence and ability has improved and I think not having the multiple choice format has benefitted in some ways as it made him have to really think more.

I believe that this course is helpful even if your child is not entering for any selective school tests. Many comprehensive schools use VR/NVR tests as part of their setting process as well.