Avoid this food it may contain black mould

DACHSHUNDmini's review of Naturediet Pet Foods

“Avoid this food it may contain black mould”

Written on: 05/02/2020 by DACHSHUNDmini (1 review written)

A couple of weeks ago I gave my mini dachshund as a treat half of nature diet senior lite (not his normal diet) as he has dry food but got given 6 samples of food at the Belgravia dog show in the summer. He really enjoyed all other 4 flavours however the senior lite had some strange black bits on it i didn't think anything of it. My dog eat half of what i served him and a few hours later found him having seizures which lasted 4 hours! and had to be rushed to the vets and stayed in hospital for 2.5 days. I opened the carton from all sides and the food had clearly gone bad despite it being within date stored as per manufacturers instructions and not having any damage on the box. I have learnt since that mould in particular black mould can make a dog very ill and can cause seizures! it was £1500 worth of vets bills and very nearly killed my dog! luckily he is fine. Reading up on Nature Diet i think they have had problems with their packaging food before. ND are placing the blame on me but i wouldn't knowingly feed my dog something that was going to kill him! so avoid this food tetra pack packaging is not brilliant. Disappointed of the quality and extremely dissatisfied with ND attitude to my complaint. AVOID THIS FOOD batch 1788 best before date : 05/20