Across the Room - www.acrosstheroom.co.uk Review

• Ease Of Navigation

Scranny's review of Across the Room - www.acrosstheroom.co.uk

If I can dissuade anyone & everyone from using this...

Written on: 09/08/2019 by Scranny (1 review written)

If I can dissuade anyone & everyone from using this company I will feel I have done A Good Deed. ACROSS THE ROOM were full of effusive promises on the phone. They sound so plausible. How they would have to “sift through the MANY men on their extensive lists”. How certain they were that my only problem would be being overwhelmed by their choice of “wonderful gentlemen”, all of them eminently desirable - because ATR attract that ‘standard’ of client. These men came to ATR by choice as they were wanting a serious relationship and we’re ready to travel for the right lady, “even if they lived on The Isle of Man !“
Wealth is not an attraction to me, I made that clear. I was very clear what I did want. Love, unsurprisingly being the highest on the list. “ Of course” , they responded. I was told they would work hard on my behalf to seek out the most compatible choices and I would be sent a list of tailored personal introductions each month for a year ,from which to choose who I then met, which is what interested me. That is what ‘ set them apart from ordinary dating sites’. I parted with £600 for my ‘bespoke service’.
I received a maximum of 2 , clearly very retired “gentlemen” per month, most of whom were 10 years above my maximum age request and had blurred or distant photos that required a magnifying glass to discern their true looks and give away their complete unsuitability. I retained an open mind and did speak with some of them on the phone. I can’t begin to explain how inappropriate and incompatible it was. It was incredibly depressing and distressing. I was patient, initially, and then complained. When nothing changed I got justifiably cross. The service and reaction throughout, once they had my money, was disingenuous and dismissive.
I can not say anything good about Across The Room. Avoid. Just avoid. Please.

• Ease Of Navigation

Across_The_Room's Response to Scranny's Review

Written on: 18/02/2020

We would Never say to any of our members that they will be " overwhelmed by our choice of " Wonderful Gentlemen" " All of them Eminently Desirable" These are not phrases we use at all.
The Across the Room Team

Scranny's reply to Across_The_Room's Comment

Written on: 19/02/2020

I do not write or tell lies. This is the exact language that was used. I notice that you choose to deny the language whilst avoiding the fact that you can not & do not deny any other part of my review. My review is carefully & politely written. My true anger and disgust about my experience with Across the Room is far stronger.