Didn't end up using, but excellent service throughout

• Ease of Set Up

Guest's review of ESS Data Recovery - www.datarecovery.com

“Didn't end up using, but excellent service throughout”

Written on: 12/03/2013

I had a RAID array that failed to mount. After a bit of research, I decided to ship my drive to datarecovery.com. They have a local office here in MN, but the lab is being updated, so in the interim they were offering free shipping to their IL lab. Throughout the process, they kept in touch in a timely and helpful way. There was no upselling or other sales pressure, and they were very sympathetic to boot. Unfortunately, my drive was a physical drive head failure, and would have been multiple thousands to fix. Since it wasn't mission critical data, I declined the recovery.

But this estimate and information was provided free of charge. And the drive was shipped back, also free of charge. So the entire process cost me not a dime. Service like this is unheard of these days; for comparison, the last time I had a drive fail, it cost me $80 to find out that it was a hardware issue and would cost close to $1000 to get anything back. And this was from a reputable local shop.

I can't speak to their actual recovery, but their customer service and way of doing business is absolutely A+, and I would not hesitate to recommend them for any critical data recovery from a damaged drive.