No customer care, compassion or decency

Amanda W's review of Fred Olsen Cruises, www.fredolsencruises.com

“No customer care, compassion or decency”

Written on: 01/11/2021 by Amanda W (5 reviews written)

I have just received, as I at my husband’s deathbed, a irritable, defensive letter saying they don’t have to (and won’t) refund us a penny.

We booked a cruise in March for July. This was then moved to September (leaving on 28 August). Had the cruise gone as scheduled, I expect we would have had a lovely time. As it was, my husband’s cancer suddenly started to impact on what he could do, and we had to cancel. So, not for a trivial, exaggerated or spurious reason. We did debate risking it and going, since the cruise was wholly UK destinations, but decided it was a selfish thing to do, given that it could impact on our fellow passengers and the crew, should he need sudden emergency treatment. As it was, he did indeed need to go to hospital for a few days that fortnight.

As a “gesture of goodwill” and as something they “do not have to do”, they offered us £150. For a cruise that cost a little under £12,000.