Absolutely terrible service

robboardman's review of Servicing Stop Ltd - www.servicingstop.co.uk

“Absolutely terrible service”

Written on: 15/10/2019 by robboardman (1 review written)

I really should have guessed by the amount of bad reviews this company is disputing on TrustPilot never to use them.

I booked in my car for a part service and MOT on October 8th, to take place on October 14th. I chose the service due to the advertised same day turn around and the fact they would collect the car from my place of work, meaning I wouldn't have to take any time out of the office.

I received an email on October 13th confirming collection for between 8am and 9am the following morning.

On the 14th, around 10am, the car hadn't been collected. I called the call centre, who advised that the garage had left me a message to arrange collection - I checked my voicemail and didn't have anything, although as collection was already confirmed, I don't know why they would need to arrange it again. I was told at this point that they would arrive within the next half an hour.

Eventually, around 11:30, they finally turned up to collect the car. They showed me the phone number they had for me, which was incorrect by one digit. I had confirmed with the call centre previously the number they had for me, which was correct, so this communication breakdown was between Servicing Stop and the garage. Before the person collecting left, they verbally confirmed that the car would still be returned that day.

Around 4pm, I received a call from Servicing Stop that there would be additional work required, taking me from around the orginal £45 to well over £400. I agreed as I was desperate to get the car back and felt I had no choice.

I didn't hear anything more until I chased again around 5pm, when the call centre finally admitted the car wouldn't be returned that day as the MOT test centre had closed. Had it been collected on time in the first place, there would have been ample time for the work to be carried out and re-tested on the day.

At this point someone in the call centre advised me that if I kept receipts he would 'look to refund' any incurred taxi fares due to not having my car. When I enquired as to whether 'look to' meant 'would refund' I received no reply. He also told me he would personally call me first thing the next morning, which didn't happen and in fact the next time I spoke to him was when I called in at 12 o clock the following day. There was still no update at this point other than it 'should' be completed today.

They have subsequently contacted me to say that I need a new seatbelt, at a further cost of £250!!! Needless to say I have declined this and will sort it myself.

An absolute disgrace of an organisation who I will absolutely never use again.