Great to get you finance but......

• Speed Of Loan

• Customer service

Guest's review of Manchester Car Finance

“Great to get you finance but......”

Written on: 22/07/2011

Me and my husband even though we have good joint incomes had been declined in several places for car credit as our history is that bad. Personal bereavements that I wont post here meant we went from having a perfect history to nothing. I got accepted here within the hour and asked loads of questions as we were travelling quite a distance. I asked about the cars in stock, the calibre of stocks and the typical monthly payment on a 5k loan for example. I was quoted figures, told they had over 40 cars in stock and the vast majority were between 3 and 5 years old. Considering the length of the finance we wanted a car that was going to withstand the finance term and also for some years after that. We arrived and were disappointed by the selection available, they were nowhere near 40 cars in stock and when we questioned were told by th person I dealt with that they had a busy Thurs,Fri,Sat - fair enough but I had only asked the same question that morning before setting off, there were approx. 25 cars, and only a handful of cars that were 3-5yrs old the majority were 6-10 years old. A lot of cars were badly marked, small bumps, tape on the bonnets covering marks/dents none were valeted and mucky and a few we test drived had knocking coming from the engine. We did find a good car amongst the rough which we drove home and so far so good. I would say be very wary of the person I dealt with when looking at finances, knowing what we were doing meant we could see through his patter - i.e. you can have this car for 56 quid a week over 48 mths, never provided exact finance figures until it came to sign the docs, I got the calculator out and worked all this out whilst we sat at the table, something which the person I dealt with should have done, so he gives you the patter and you could easily sign up not knowing exactly what you are paying in the long run. We are not naive our credit rating is bad - he also said the car we purchased was the book price of 7k, after coming home we found out the book price was 2k less - but what can you do?? - so if you are desperate for a car and need one then this company is great at getting you the finance but they also know you wouldn't be using them if you had another choice, hence the poor quality of cars and lack of respect. At one point when my hubby said these cars are all [email protected] not what you told us at all we were basically told you can go home if you like!!

• Fixed Payments