Appalling bad claims department

Katherineh1994's review of Swinton Car Insurance www.swinton.co.uk

“Appalling bad claims department”

Written on: 18/02/2017 by Katherineh1994 (1 review written)

Do not insure with this company. The firm they use to deal with claims is utterly useless. I was involved in a minor accident which was not my fault. It took over two months to get my car fixed. Swinton wanted a repairer which was a long way from my home to do the job and they wouldn't agree to pick the car up and exchange for a courtesy car where I work. I took numerous phone calls to eventually sort it out. Every time I spoke to a different person who didn't seem to know anything about my case. I had many promises to ring be back but this never happened. I made an official complaint which eventually resulted in a rather lukewarm letter of apology but no explanation of why it had taken so long to deal with my case.

• Recently Settled

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Older Drivers

Driver Type

Peterlrobinsonjvc180's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2017

You were lucky.I was referred to an accident management company for a non fault accident. The company has a terrible review history and I had to PAY to retrieve my vehicle from Motofix so that my comprehensive insurer could take it to their repairer and the claim (write off) was settled on the same day. They ignored my instructions from outset and said they DID NOT have any direct involvement in claims! The Financial Ombudsman found against them and I received payment after they had refused to reimburse me. AVOID . They also made numerous errors when setting up my policy with no apologies whatsoever. Avoid Accident Management Companies unless absolutely necessary. If car hire is offered check with your Comprehensive Insurer since you may be liable for costs over an unknown period and if you are guided away from your own insurer and directed by another organization to claim from the Third Party Insurer direct delays incurred may involve costs that could be difficult to recover. In the event of a claim log it with you Insurance Company Direct, and get a claims reference number.