The worst decision I made

Celia248's review of Post Office Car Insurance

“The worst decision I made ”

Written on: 26/02/2019 by Celia248 (1 review written)

This was quite possibly one of the worst experiences of customer service I have received. There was an error against my claims which was caused during the online process. I received an email 4 days later stating that my policy had increased by £180 a year. I called the Post Office and was informed that I should call my previous insurance company from 2017 and source evidence that there was only one claim made. Based on the information received they could then revert the policy back to the previous conditions. I adhered to their requests in less than 12 hours but heard nothing back. I called the customer service team approx 8 times and was fed a web of fictitious information every time. During the last call I was informed that the policy had been reverted, but I would have to pay an increased premium and an amendment charge - £140. I was basically led down the garden path and was given falsified information. Had I known this would happen I would have saved myself a world of agro and cancelled instantly. I spoke with an incredibly rude, abrupt and patronising manager, who implied it was just TOUGH!! There is “no” process for escalating complaints apparently, so I just cancelled the policy. The manager informed me that I should be grateful that the cancellation charge had been waivered! Take my advice, don’t go anywhere near them, pay a slightly higher premium and go with a reputable company. Avoid at all costs. I had a lucky escape.

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive