Use your camera

JohnathanBrown's review of Drivalia Car Rental - www.drivalia.com

“Use your camera”

Written on: 24/12/2017 by JohnathanBrown (1 review written)

Hired a car from Drivalia in Valencia. It had scratches and dents all over it. When I took it back after an incident free holiday,they went over it with inch by inch. They found two marks hidden by the rear number plate. These marks must have been there originally. It cost me 320 euros. I STRONGLY recommend you phot and examine the car carefully when you pick it up. Have ALL marks noted however small. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Fortunately I had my own insurance.

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Comment

Written on: 28/12/2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you for renting a car from us. We are sorry if you feel unhappy with the charge made for damage.

When you collected your car you would have been given a comprehensive damage report showing all existing damages according to the records which we hold on file. We check all cars carefully more than once between every rental and we advise clients what counts as a chargeable damage. We are always very confident in the accuracy of our damage records but as you will know, you are given the damage report and invited to inspect the car to make sure that you agree with this before you leave.

In the highly unlikely event that you do see a damage that is not recorded on the damage report then you should advise a member of our team prior to leaving the office and we will photograph and record this as well as writing it on your contract so that you are never responsible for something you have not caused.

Of course all of our clients are welcome to take photgraphs of the car before they accept it and as mentioned, tell our staff before they leave in the highly unlikley event that there any marks or damage that is not recorded.

Kind regards
The Drivalia Team

1234Anything's Comment

Written on: 28/12/2017

As a loyal customer of 14 years I did not expect to be treated the way I was. The car when I picked it up had several additional marks that were not listed on your sheet so I do not believe you when you say you check the cars thoroughly. I will not be using you again and have recommended my friends do not either. I estimate this to now cost you appx 2000 euros of business a year. I am satisfied with this as compensation for the way you have treated me.

Drivalia_Car_Rental's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2018

Dear Customer,

We are sorry that you are unhappy. It is fair to say though in our defence that if you have hired from us many times as you mention then you will know that we don´t charge for damages unless they occur. Clearly if someone rents from us once and does sustain a damage they can feel upset but please do consider the amount of times that you have rented from us, presumably trouble-free is a direct reflection of the service that we do receive but we do of course have to make a charge if damages occur and the customer has chosen not to take advantage of our cover options.

Kind regards
The Drivalia Team

1234Anything's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2018

You are just saying the same old things. At the end of the day I feel you have not treated me well and am happy knowing you are the loosers. You are clearly not listening and just replying with the same old statements. Good bye and will never use you again.