Terrible company

Simone450's review of Cut Price Car Rentals

“Terrible company”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by Simone450 (1 review written)

I was hesitant to rent from Cut Price after the negative reviews but decided to give it a chance. HUGE mistake . On the second day of our rental our car rolled to a stop in the middle of the highway because they apparently gave us a car without a gas cap. It was a really dangerous situation! Our car shook every time a car skimmed by us. They said they would be there within 30-45 minutes with a replacement car and it took 2 hours. They threatened to charge us $90 and when I objected they asked if I still wanted help or if I wanted to stay on the highway.

They finally came and gave us a new car. The new car had no gas in it so we had to immediately go to a gas station. I called them asking what sort of compensation we should get for being put in such a dangerous situation, and they said that the compensation is them not charging us an $80 call out fee, even though the cars problem was their fault. Absolutely ridiculous. Not worth the slight savings.