Never again

Guest's review of Cut Price Car Rentals

“Never again”

Written on: 08/01/2014

I booked a tarago online for what appeared to be a good price. On collection of the car (10 years old and 278,000 kms on the clock)at the Gold Coast airport (which is located off-site and difficult to find) we were bullied into purchasing additional insurance. I declined the additional insurance and mentioned that I had travel insurance. I was told by Cut Price that the travel insurance would not cover any damage unless I took out the additonal insurance they were offering. I dusputed this and the attendant became quite aggresive and put a $3500 hold on my credit card without telling me he was doing. He then said if I rang the office in the morning and paid for the additonal insurance they would release my money back. When I read the fine print it stated that the insurance excess of $3,500 would not cover any damage to the vechile unless another car was invloved and I could indetify the other driver. Luckily we had no damage, but buyer beware, it could be a very costly experience for a vehcile that would have a low market value.