NEVER EVER RENT FROM CUT PRICE CAR RENTAL

mychubbycheeks's review of Cut Price Car Rentals

“NEVER EVER RENT FROM CUT PRICE CAR RENTAL”

Written on: 19/08/2013 by mychubbycheeks (1 review written)

I recently had a DISASTROUS EXPERIENCE with cut price car rentals. The unpleasant experience started from the time we picked up the car at Gold Coast outlet.

On 15 July 2013, 0830am, we waited for more than half an hour before we were attended by their staff from their car boot (make shift office). After paying for the rental and excess charges to be locked in (we did not purchase insurance from them as we are covered by our travel insurance), the staff informed us that the car is ready, and we can drive off the car even without inspecting the car together with him, which I believe that it should be a standard procedure. We had a visual check of the car and we noticed lots of damages on the car exterior. We approached the staff but was told that all the damages, including crack on brake lamp was recorded. By the rule of trust, we did not insist to have a copy of the recording of damages which was given by other car rental companies. After further inspection of the car on our own, we noticed more damages and went back to look for the staff twice but no one was around the "office". The make shift "office" car was locked and no one was around to attend to us.

After we returned the car at Brisbane outlet, we were told that there was an unrecorded crack on the brake lights and we have to pay for the damage. We explained what happened during the handing over the car and we were informed to wait for an email update on the situation as the company have to checked with previous records. However, before I receive an email update by their company, I received an update from my credit card company that $500 was deducted by their company 3 hrs later. I called them immediately to get a better understanding. They claimed that the damage was not recorded for past 2 previous rentals therefore it was deducted as the excess of $3500 we paid earlier was free up, which was not true when I checked with my credit card company.

Up till date, we have 3 sums money transacted by their company (AU$3500, AU$500 and recently, we discovered another transaction of SG$400 plus) and not released back to us!!!! It was insane!!!!!

When we returned back from our holiday, while looking through our travel photos, we realized that we took a picture of the car on the day when we picked it up. We zoomed in the picture and FOUND OUT THAT THE DAMAGE WAS ALREADY THERE ON THE DAY ITSELF! We have emailed them numerous times to enquire about the absurd transactions they made and show them evidence that we are not responsible of the damage on the brake light but there is no reply till now! We did not even get any receipt or report of the damage and we are not able to claim from our travel insurance!

Their staff did a poor job handing over the car and the after rental service. It was obvious that the inspection was not done properly which led to unfair treatment on our part to pay for the damage and we were disadvantaged!!!! On top of that, their staff was rude and even raised his voice at me when I called to enquire if they have received our email enquiry regarding the AU$500 transacted.