Top Rent A Car Bulgaria - www.toprentacar.bg Review

Sofia Airport (Arrivals Hall); Varna Airport (Arrivals Hall), Burgas Airport (Arrivals Hall); Plovdiv, Sozopol, Nessabar

atamatics's review of Top Rent A Car Bulgaria - www.toprentacar.bg

“We rented a 9 seater van Renault Transit and we loved...”

Written on: 03/09/2019 by atamatics (1 review written)

We rented a 9 seater van Renault Transit and we loved it. The car was almost brand new and we didn't have any issues. Everyone I interacted with from Top Rent-a-car was very friendly and helpful, which I found very refreshing for Bulgaria.

Now, why the four stars: 1) A week before the time to pick the car we received an email that if we'll drive with non-european driving license we'd need an international driving permit which in the US one can obtain for $20 from AAA. The problem was that we were leaving on that day and it turned into a major hassle to get one. 2) We were planning to travel to Greece and the car was available for international travel, however, as we found out during the pick up of the car we should've asked in advance, so the team could prepare the international travel documents which usually take up-to 3 biz days - there was nothing specific on the partner site where we booked the car (Discover Car Hire) that explains that. We were lucky that the car had the needed document and the team was able to get everything ready in a couple of hours but we could've lost a day of our vacation in Greece; 3) There was a requirement that one needs to be a driver for at least 3 years to rent a car - which makes a lot fo sense. However, the US driving licenses (or at least those issued in Washington state) don't list when one obtained a driving license for the first time and mine appeared just an year old, even though I've been driving for 25 years. Luckily, I had an expired Bulgarian driving license with me, which I used to prove I have the necessary driving experience.

Please update the various descriptions and I'd be happy to leave you five stars next time as you've done the harder part - to build a really customer obsessed team.

• Aug 2019

Date of hire (month/year)

• Sofia Airport, Bulgaria

Country & City of hire

• Excellent

Condition of vehicle

Toprentacar's Response to atamatics's Review

Written on: 05/09/2019

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

The main purpose of our company is to make customers pleased with the services which we provide and be maximum supportive in each aspect.

The conditions described by you, in fact, are part of the policy of our company. In order not to let customers down when taking a car and not to create unnecessary problems and the impression that the company has "hidden taxes", we described in details all the conditions on our website. Based on your comment, we conclude that there is still something to work on with our partners so that the information we send them about the conditions of our company reaches the customers on time and does not create problems.
We are glad that you appreciated our services and rated them honestly. It is always pleasant and it helps us to take the right steps in the development of the service we offer.

We will be happy to work with you again! Have a nice week.

Kind Regards,