Unhappy Customer

Chaim111's review of Top Rent A Car Bulgaria - www.toprentacar.bg

“Unhappy Customer”

Written on: 06/06/2018 by Chaim111 (1 review written)

I made a complaint about my hire car rental at Top Rent A Car Sofia. Their main office does not respond to calls. When I returned the hire car the level of service I received was unacceptable.  A representative told me when I handed him the keys and paperwork that the hire car should not have been taken across the border to Greece. I was unaware of this condition in the hire policy and was not made aware of this at time of collecting the car. He showed me on my paperwork that has this condition circled on the paper. He also said my voucher says I will be charged also. The issue I have here is that it was not explained to me properly when I collected the car that I needed to pay some extra euros to cross the border. I would have happily paid some additional euros for this ability to cross borders. (my car insurance allows me to travel anywhere in the European Union). The representative told me that it does not matter what I say and that he was going to charge me 300 euros for this violation. My voucher also says that I can pay 80 euros lot for this privilege and not 300 euros. (admittedly I had not read this on my voucher) He then also went over to the car and although the car's fuel gauge was returned with exactly the same amount as when I collected the car (just below the full marker) he was also now going to charge me extra money for this also. He then told me to sign to state I was going to pay these charges to which I refused and said I wanted to speak to a senior member of staff or manager. He said there was no one and he was in charge. When I refused to sign the form he then told me he refused to allow the shuttle to take us to the airport terminal 2. When I demanded that the shuttle take us he refused.  We then had to carry our luggage by ourselves to the terminal and almost missed our flight. Top Rent A Cars service is utterly unacceptable.

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles

Toprentacar's Comment

Written on: 12/07/2018

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback.

We were very concerned about the case and we have conducted an investigation into your comments, placed on ReviewCentre website.

Your reservation was made by our partner's website.
Please, be advised that the terms and conditions that were displayed to you on the quotation results page of our partner's website, throughout the booking process and also on your car hire voucher, state that, the renter doesn`t have rights to exit borders of Rep. Bulgaria with taken for rent vehicle without him being authorized for this in separate power of attorney.

If the vehicle is going to be taken across the border, Top Rent a Car need to be notified in advance.
A copy of each driver's license and passport will need to be sent to the car rental supplier at least 3 days before collecting the vehicle. An additional deposit will be required.

At the signing of the contract and at renting the vehicle, you also had ability to read the general conditions of the contract, which are indicated on the backside. With your signature you certified that you are familiar with them and you accept them, as this is described above your signature at the contract for rent.

In addition to general terms on backside of the contract the ban for using the vehicle outside borders of Rep. Bulgaria is described on the first page at the row “Exit abroad/Cross border – Not allowed/Forbidden”. This is described in Bulgarian as well as in English.
This is not your first rental with our company and you are aware of our conditions.

We inspected CCTV footage (including audio) of the return procedure at the Top Rent a Car office.
In this footage there can be seen and heard that you open your electronic voucher from your mobile phone, reading aloud cross border terms and conditions.
During the return process Top Rent A Car representative remains calm throughout, despite being subjected to unacceptable behavior as shouting, using obscene words to our company and our employee, rudely hitting the desk and throwing the documents.

We consider this review as fraud, blackmail and an attempt of receiving a free service and destroying our company’s reputation.
It misleads ReviewCentre users and it is an example how unsavory customers use site popularity as a blackmail tool.

We advise you to change your review, because it does not correspond to the true and undermines the image of Top Rent A Car.

Kind Regards