Worst service ever

etodd's review of Malagacar.com - www.malagacar.com

“Worst service ever”

Written on: 25/02/2019 by etodd (1 review written)

I have hired lots of cars in Malaga over the years. This is my second and definitely the last time with Malagacar.
They rented me a car that had a flat battery after lees than 100km - I had only used it to drive from Malaga to Nerja and then 3 times to the supermarket. The first time, the kind man from the breakdown truck service restarted the car with jump leads and then advised me to drive for half an hour to recharge the battery, which I did. A few hours later we tried to restart the car to drive to the airport to catch our flight home and the car would not start again.
When Malagacar eventually answered the phone they said they would arrange a taxi and breakdown truck. We advised them that we needed to get to the airport to get a flight and they said that they wouldn't be long. After many many phone calls to Malagacar (about 30 of which were not even answered) we advised them that we were going to miss our flight as the breakdown truck still hadn't arrived and they were still asking us to wait. We ended up leaving our keys with a neighbour and our lovely taxi driver managed to get us to the airport with literally minutes to spare.
It is obvious that the car was not fit for purpose and had either a faulty battery or alternator and therefore was clearly Malagacar fault for renting us such a defective car in the first place.
However, they charged us for the breakdown to recover their own defective car and added my electronic signature to documents to pretend I had signed them!
I am still waiting for a response from the manager after I raised a complaint in October - the excuse for no response in October was that it had been a Bank Holiday.
This company is a disgrace and their customer service is appalling.

• September 2018

Date of hire (month/year)

• Malaga, Spain

Country & City of hire

• Poor

Condition of vehicle

• Poor

Choice of vehicles

Malagacar's Response to etodd's Review

Written on: 02/07/2019

Hi, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us, did you receive a reply from our manager?

Regards,