very disappointed

MooseandTeddy's review of IzziRent - www.izzirent.com

“very disappointed”

Written on: 08/10/2014 by MooseandTeddy (1 review written)

I rented a car through IzzyRent using Fleet Car rental for my trip to Croatia. Please understand right here, IzzyRent is a third party vendor and you will not have any help from them if needed. Also, they also farm out you internet deal to another vendor so now you have three separate vendors to deal with if something goes wrong.
I was able to secure a great deal. I received a reminder a few days prior to my arrival and was offered full insurance coverage at $9.00 per day, a great deal. I attempted three times to obtain the insurance to no avail. I made photocopies of the emails and the page saying there was a failure.
When I arrived in Dubrovnik I went to the Fleet Rental desk. If you are old enough to remember the Rocky and Bullwinkle show you will recall Boris and Natasha. I first felt with Boris, I explained the issue about the insurance, he said it was not his problem and if I wanted insurance it would cost $15.50 per day. There was no empathy, no gosh I am sorry just no way, it is a third party rental you were dealing with. He never looked me in the eye he only kept telling me no. Then he told me the amount that would be help against my credit card would be $1200. I was incredulous and showed him my contract which said $800 would be held. Again, no apologies just this is our policy you rented from a third party, these are our rules. Boris got busy with someone else so I stepped up to Natasha. She was no different, no smile, no apologies just explaining what she couldn't do. She said the $1200 must be held in order to rent, I had to go along. Then they did not have the type of car I requested. I asked for an upgrade which she agreed to do. We finally got to the car and started to drive away when an awful noise came from somewhere. I return ed to the desk and explained the issue to Boris. He had the gall to tell me it was a normal noise, after all the car had 15000km and it is expected. I had a hard time to keep from laughing at him. So again I went to Natasha, she went with me to drive the car and check out the noise. She agreed there was a problem but we had to accept the first car we refused. She also told me the tank was full and must be returned full. As I drove away I noticed the fuel gauge read 1/8 below full, so I took a photo for proof.
I wrote to IzztRent about my problems and all I got from them was the standard corporate line that they never have problems with fleet. The insurance was not through them and another vendor was responsible for everything else. I will wait the requisite 7-10 days for the release of the $1200 hold on my card. Unless something happens to improve this issue with IzzyRent I recommend you not rent from them. The pricing was great and that needs to be said, but the hassles, lies, and runarounds were not worth it.

• October 2014

Date of hire (month/year)

• Dubrovnik, Croatia

Country & City of hire

• Good

Condition of vehicle

• Average

Choice of vehicles